Teaching and Learning
Adults who support or lead teaching and learning at West Kidlington are:
- Always “Values led”.
- Supportive of close partnerships with parents and carers to promote high achievement for all children.
- Clear sighted about what the school needs to do to provide a world class education for every learner.
- Courteous, polite and professional
- Valued by the leadership of the school.
- Leaders of learning.
- Determined to be consistently outstanding.
- Willing to work hard, often doing more than would normally be expected of them.
- Willing to engage positively with parents and carers to promote high achievement for all learners
- Able to take full responsibility for ensuring high social, moral and academic achievement for all children.
- Unafraid to support creativity when promoting a love of learning by children.
- Able to evaluate their own performance effectively, knowing when things have gone well, or when they need to improve.
- Supportive of everyone who works to improve learning at West Kidlington.
- Able to “inspire” children to learn and achieve.
- Not scared to set high learning challenges for all children, irrespective of age, aptitude, ability or background.
- Supportive of learning environments which are well organised, sharply focused on promoting high achievement and which celebrate excellence and enjoyment for all learners.
- Compassionate and caring.
Learners at West Kidlington:
- Gain an increasing awareness of how values can support their own social, moral, spiritual, cultural and academic development.
- Persevere and never give up.
- Respond positively to challenge.
- Work hard at home and at school.
- Respect the rights of others to learn, by showing outstanding levels of behaviour and pupils response.
- Work hard to improve their previous best.
- Love to learn.
The Curriculum at West Kidlington.
- Is skills led.
- Is creative.
- Is flexible, allowing opportunities for learning to be taken if opportunities present.
- Is based on direct experience.
- Is a constantly evolving learning platform.
Parents and Carers at West Kidlington:
- Know how important Values led learning is to our school, and support the school in ensuring Values remain at the heart of the school’s success.
- Ensure children are always well placed to learn effectively, by making sure children are punctual, well nourished, appropriately dressed, well rested and well prepared for each day at school
- Support steps taken by the school to promote high achievement.
- Support steps taken by the school to secure a skills led creative curriculum
- Support the school by behaving courteously and politely at all times.
- Ensure that they remain well informed about the day to day happenings at school, by reading newsletters, the website or adopted social media provision such as Twitter.
- Hear their child read for at least 10 minutes every day.
- Support the school’s homework policy.
- Support the school’s attendance policy.
- Take time each day to talk to their children in a positive and encouraging way about learning.
- Encourage their children to persevere in academic, social and moral contexts.
- Know that if they have concerns about their child, they will be listened to by the school.