At West Kidlington we take the safety of our pupils in all aspects of their life very seriously. Within that remit we are committed to educating our young people to be safe internet users and in supporting parents with this very important skill at home too.
In school we have an internet safety code of conduct that all pupils and staff are expected to adhere too (please scroll down to read this). We have strong and constantly updated filters in place to protect and govern internet use.
For more e-safety information please use the links below:
Safe Technology Use – Code of Conduct
At West Kidlington the children are constantly encouraged to use modern technology to support their learning, therefore, we teach them to be safe and expect them to follow the rules below to protect themselves and their friends.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the internet;
- I will only use my login and password, which I will keep secret;
- I will not access other peoples files;
- I will use the computers only for school work and homework;
- I will not bring disks into school unless I have permission;
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved;
- The messages I send will be polite and sensible;
- I will not give my home address or phone number, or arrange to meet someone, unless my parent, carer or teacher has given permission;
- To help other pupils and myself, I will tell a teacher if I see anything I feel is inappropriate or I receive messages I do not like;
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.