Welcome to Year 4
Teaching in Year 4 this year are Miss Ellis, Mrs Cape and Mrs Whale. We are ably assisted by Mrs Brightmore, Ms Simms, Mrs Ward and Mr James.
Children in Year 4 learn the Violin or Cello once a week with Mrs Beaumont from the Oxfordshire Music Service, on Thursday mornings. Children need to ensure they bring their instrument in each week on the appropriate day. Please note instruments cannot be stored at school between lessons.
Year 4 do outdoor PE on a Wednesday afternoon. Please make sure children have a suitable PE kit on the appropriate day.
Want some guidance on helping your children with maths? Visit the maths page and have a look at our school calculation policy.
4CE have been working hard on their Book of the Week presentations, every Thursday for a few months now! We’ve come to the end of the first round, so see our recommendations below:
- Eloise: Ruby Redfort – Look into my Eyes by Lauren Child & My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson
- Daniel: My Brother is a Superhero by David Solomons
- Ella: Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson
- Alfie: The Midnight Gang by David Walliams
- Keeva: Tom Gates Super Good Skills by Liz Pichon
- Peter: Diary of a Wimpy Kid – the Movie Diary by Jeff Kinney
- Rose: Middle School – the Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson
- Mohtasim: Beast Quest: Battle of the Beast by Adam Blade
- Amelie: Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
- Jayden: Ninjago – A Team Divided by Tracey West
- Quinn: The World’s Worst Children by David Walliams
- Amelia: Awful Auntie by David Walliams
- Ciaran: Demon Dentist by David Walliams
- Keri: Tom Gates – Dog Zombies Rule by Liz Pichon
- Owen: I Am Spartapuss by Robin Price
- Lexi: Grandpa’s Great Escape by David Walliams
- Seruban: Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Double Down by Jeff Kinney
- Lilybeth: Wild Thing by Emma Barnes
- Kara: Perfect by Rachel Joyce
- Hamzah: Ratburger by David Walliams
- Joshua: Diary of Dennis the Menace – Bash Street Bandit by Jeff Albrecht
- Bethany: James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
- Charlie: The 78-Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths
- Brigget: To Wee or Not To Wee by Pamela Butchart
- Seth: The Twits by Roald Dahl
- Hannah: The Iron Man by Ted Hughes
- Michael: Atticus the Storyteller’s 100 Greek Myths by Lucy Coats and Anthony Lewis
- Kasim: Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Long Haul by Jeff Kinney
- Erjon: Diary of an 8-Bit Warrior by Cube Kid
Year 4 had an amazing time at Sulgrave Manor – we got to dress up in Tudor-style clothes, act out the life of Henry VIII, write with a quill and ink and had a tour of the Manor itself. Ask one of the children what they learnt – we learnt a lot!!
Trip to Sulgrave Manor!
You can download the letter here: School Trip Letter (Year 4) – Sulgrave Manor
If you want some extra tasks whilst the school is closed, you can download some here: Year 4 Homework – Sep 16
Welcome to Year 4! We would like to get to know you all a bit better, and so our first homework of the year is to prepare a presentation. This presentation can be about anything you like – your favourite hobby, your family, where you went on holiday… it’s completely up to you! The presentations should be no longer than 3-4 minutes, and you can bring along things to help you if you like, such as Powerpoints, videos, photos, props etc. The presentations need to be ready by Friday 16th September, and we will be presenting them to the class the following week.
If you have any questions, just ask.
– Miss Ellis, Mrs Cape and Mrs Whale
If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to talk to us at the end of the day. If you would like to make a formal appointment, you can do so by contacting the school office, either by talking with Mrs Gardner or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.