Welcome to Year 5
The teaching staff in Year 5 are Mrs Orton and Ms Saini. We are ably assisted by Mrs Mason and Mrs Gardiner.
If you ever need to speak to your child’s teacher, do feel free to make an appointment for after school, or catch them at the end of the day. We are always happy to help in any way we can.
Want some guidance on helping your children with maths? Visit the maths page and have a look at our school calculation policy.
A big thank you to Daniel Hall who baked some Viking bread for 5EO to enjoy- it was a great treat!
We have found this recipe to make Viking Bread! If you’d like to, you can have a go at making this at home. If you do, be sure to take a picture to bring in to show us what you created!
Year 5 work for home
- Charlie Bucket was amazed when he won the Golden Ticket to visit Mr Wonka’s factory, and he thought that the chocolate river was the most wonderful sight he’d ever seen. Write a description of the most amazing sight you’ve ever seen; be sure to include the five senses!
- George makes a magical medicine to replace his mean grandma’s new medicine. He collects a variety of ingredients including deodorant and shampoo, floor polish and horseradish sauce! Write a set of instructions for making your own marvellous medicine!
- Matilda loves reading and Miss Honey is astonished by Matilda’s abilities. What is your favourite book? Was it funny, exciting, nerve-wracking? Write a review of it to encourage other people to read it.
- Anglo Saxon buildings
- Anglo Saxon clothing
- Being a child in Anglo Saxon times.
- Or any other aspect you find interesting!