Welcome to Year 6
The teaching staff in Year 6 are Mr Earl and Miss Ellis. We are also lucky to have the support of Mrs Cook, Mrs Clarke and Mr Harris. If you ever need to speak to your child’s teacher, do feel free to make an appointment for after school, or catch them at the end of the day. We are always happy to help in any way we can.
- PE is on Monday and Wednesday (6CE), and Monday and Thursday (6RE). Please ensure that you have full kit on these days.
- Homework is set on Fridays and is due in by the following Friday, unless otherwise stated. Children must write their name on their work to avoid confusion on Fridays!
- Want some guidance on helping your children with maths? Visit the maths page and have a look at our school calculation policy.
- Help Your Child Make Progress – a support document for parents
- Y6 LTP 2017-2018
News from Year 6
You have been working extremely hard and deserve a break! But for those who are worried about forgetting all that work over the Easter break, we are providing ’10-4-10’ booklets. If you do a little maths, grammar and reading every day it will keep things fresh in your mind for when you come back to school. It is up to you to do as much or as little as you and your family would like. But remember, by working on the homework tasks, you will be using the key skills you have been rehearsing all year and helping secure them in your brain.
We have sent home:
- 10-4-10 Reading and 10-4-10 SPaG and Maths. 10-4-10 means ’10 minutes for 10 days’. Try to do as much of each of the booklets as you can; remember it should take around 10 minutes each day for each subject. If you struggle with anything, make sure to note it down so you can ask your teacher when you return to school.
- The answers can be downloaded here for you to mark with an adult at home: 10-4-10 Answers – reading 10-4-10 Answers – maths and SPAG
Spellings are also available to download here: SATs spellings Please practise! Some of these words could come up in the spelling test.
Please keep referring to your study guide to help your understanding.
– Miss Ellis and Mr Earl
Homework due Friday 2nd March 2018
Maths – complete the problem solving questions; read Area and Perimeter pages (pages 66-69) and Fractions (pages 40-41).
English – look at terminology (pages 88-89)
Download the maths sheet here: Maths problems due Fri 2nd Mar 18
Homework due Friday 9th February 2018
- choose either commas (page 15 of English revision guide) or colons and semi-colons (page 19), and create a poster from what you have learned about them
- practice your times tables – you could go on Times Tables Rockstars!
- read for at least twenty minutes, three times during the week
SATs meeting – 29th January 2018
Please do come along to the SATs meeting on Monday 29th January at 5.30pm in the hall.
For those unable to come, you can download the presentation here: SATs parents meeting – 29 Jan 2018
PGL meeting and letter
Please do come along to the PGL meeting on Thursday 5th October at 6pm.
Full letter to download here: PGL BOOKLET 2017